About the Social Media Coordinator Position
At Jason Emer MD, we are doing something different, something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
As Social Media Coordinator, you will support the development and delivery of marketing strategies for Dr. Jason Emer’s cosmetic dermatology practice, e-commerce site and growing network of aesthetic surgeons to enhance the influence of their services through content creation, campaign strategy and community management. The Social Media Coordinator works closely with the Senior Social Media Manager optimizing quality deliverables to adhere to the content strategy and will implement the practice’s Online Community Moderation Strategy, monitoring and moderating to ensure that the online community is maintained as an engaged and fun environment. This role coordinates with the Senior Social Media Manager to support its mission, promoting excellent customer service and helping to cultivate a strong community around the practice and brand.
Social Media Manager responsibilities are:
- Respond to comments and messages with a sense of compassion, urgency, professionalism, and on brand tone
- Monitor and manage online reputation via comments, reviews, inquiries and general account engagement for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Yelp, RealSelf, Google Business and LinkedIn
- Conceive social concepts and lead writing lines
- Partner with creative teams and become part of creative process
- Contribute to related communication vehicles and ensure the integration of community for promotion and awareness building
- Coordinate with brand teams, creative teams, and other staff to ensure successful coordinated campaigns
- Monitor and effectively leverage social media tools, trends, and applications
- Monitor and measure the success of community engagement and provide reports for team, management, and executives
- Manage multiple niche Facebook private and public groups at a time
- Schedule content through Hootsuite and Facebook direct
- Implement the online community moderation strategy
- Maintain the Moderation Guidelines and ensure they are up to date
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style and quality and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including social media, mobile, video, especially short-form content.
- Map out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- Capture marketing and creative content daily by photographing and filming procedures and communicating with patients and office visitors
- Support content creation efforts using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro) and additional creative programs and software to edit photo/video assets
- Implement targeted acquisition, engagement and retention marketing strategies, driving omni-channel sales and traffic with the Medical Director and Director of Operations
- Establish editorial content strategy (Social Media Content Calendar) across search, affiliate, display and paid social channels
- Implement integrated marketing initiatives including; production and logistics of influencer/media events and activations
- Develop and sustain influencer relations through short and long-term brand integration opportunities and paid promotions
- Execute co-op initiatives and manage existing luminary agreements with advertising partners, vendors and media
- Support digital team with copywriting and optimization of website (JasonEmerMD.com) and E-Commerce site (ShopEmerMD.com)
- Create and deploy email marketing campaigns, increasing subscribers, maximizing click-through-rate, site traffic and sales conversions
- Apply creative and technical expertise to development and execution of social media advertising campaigns
- Provide reporting of marketing and advertising efforts, for all digital properties utilizing native and third-party services
- Identify and execute new opportunities to improve existing operations and initiatives
- Occasionally support the Patient Photographer by operating photography and lighting equipment, documenting medical procedures and patient progress, obtaining consent for use of photography for advertising, marketing and publicity initiatives.
Social Media Coordinator requirements are:
- Accomplished writer of copy (headlines & body) for social media posts
- Demonstrated ability using social media scheduling & marketing tools (e.g Ads Manager, Power Editor, Hootsuite)
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills; working knowledge of best SEO practices
- Knowledge in moderating Facebook Groups
- Have a good knowledge of principles of customer service
- Ability to take direction, ask questions, problem-solve, and manage multiple priorities
- Be a team player who is excited to support in various aspects that span from administrative duties to brainstorming and research
- Be both a writer and an editor, but more importantly a communicator and storyteller
- Resourceful, highly organized and detail-oriented
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion
- Operational experience of live & instant video “Behind the Scenes” publishing tools such as Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, Periscope and Snapchat.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues such as file formats, digital memory storage, internet connectivity
- Team player; ability to communicate and work with all levels of personnel
- Expert technical understanding of digital marketing an ability to quickly learn new tools and resources
- Ability to handle multi-task and manage various projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Detailed oriented during the editing, drafting, publishing processes of content creation
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work extended hours, when required
- Minimum of 4 years of social media management for a brand, personality and/or media company
- Professional portfolio of past and current content created, specifically copywriting and social media activities across multiple platforms required
- Editorial and/or a Marketing/PR experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (PR, advertising, marketing, communications, etc), or equivalent combination of education plus work experience.